Student State Health Screenings
- Student State Health Screenings
- 5/1/2023, 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM
- Memphis School of Excellence Elementary Cordova (8350 Macon Rd, Cordova, TN 38018, United States)
Greetings Ms. Stanley,
Health Screenings: Vision, hearing, blood pressure, height and weight, scoliosis. Health screenings will be provided by the Department of Student Support Services throughout the school year for students inPK, K, 2, 4,6, 8 &9th high school Lifetime Wellness Classes. There are no charges for these services. Screenings are mandated by the Tennessee Department of Education and should occur first.
* Parent Notification to screen English and Spanish forms will be provided to your school for all students in the mandated grades i.e. PK, K, 2, 4 ,6, 8,and 9th. According to student in-person projections, you will receive 262_forms. Each student from these grade levels should receive a form. We will also provide the opt-out forms. Parents should only return the opt-out form if they do not want the student screened. Forms should be sent home the week before screening occurs. All returned opt-out forms should be retained by the classroom teacher to be given to the team on the day of the screening.
* What to Expect before, during, and after screening procedures
* Screening Checklist
* School Health Flyer in English and Spanish
*Special Request screenings will have to show their signed permission slip*
For additional information let us know.
Health FIRST! Let’s continue to make a difference in health and wellness for our children and employees!
David L. Fizer Sr.
Special Projects Coordinator
Division of Student Support Services
2930 Airways Blvd.
Memphis, TN 38116
901.416.0162 Direct Line
Together, we MUST BELIEVE
Together, we WILL ACHIEVE
Together, we ARE REIMAGINING 901